This position will be an integral part of a team developing at a sustainable pace. Our ideal candidate will be experienced enough to have opinions, but open to new ideas and alternate well-reasoned viewpoints. We’re looking for someone that values execution and is willing to mentor (and be mentored by) their peers. Expect to make a valued and meaningful contribution quickly.
• Able to build and maintain interactive high-traffic web applications using object-oriented PHP.
• Able to build UI with HTML, CSS, and Twig templates.
• Able to define SQL schemas with foreign key constraints, write select and update queries with complex table joins, and implement triggers and transactions.
• Able to identify and follow generally accepted object-oriented design principles.
• Able to identify and communicate using common design patterns.
• Able to distinguish between and implement unit, functional, and acceptance tests.
• Able to select and create efficient algorithms and data structures based on sound computer science principles and modern software engineering techniques (this probably requires a CS degree to learn).
• Able to manage source code using a distributed version control system (e.g. Hg, Git, etc.).
• Able to work comfortably in a Linux development and deployment environment.
• 5+ years of professional software development experience.
These responsibilities entail:
• Managing day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope to ensure that delivery is timely and up to quality standards
• Programming of project deliverables in some instances
• Reviewing all deliverables prepared by team before passing to client
• Ensuring that proper quality control measures have been utilized and all client requests are documented
• Minimizing exposure and risk on projects through clear client communications, setting proper expectations with clients, and retention of appropriate documentation
• Ensuring project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
• Assisting in invoicing as needed
• Providing training to new clients as needed
• SELF-STARTER A MUST
• College degree required
• 2+ years in market research and/or project management required
• Experience with SPSS, Wincross, and/or other market research software packages highly desirable
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Basic knowledge of survey statistics desired
These candidates will create online surveys using application software and provide support to customers, partners and the internal team, using a GUI-based, proprietary software package. The candidates will also participate in troubleshooting of customer issues, and, on occasion, testing of new product features as they are rolled out, including logging product defects and requested enhancements and documenting findings for the product development team. The candidates must be self-motivated/proactive, possess the ability to work effectively in a team environment and to establish sound working relationships with team members and customers. This is a ground-floor opportunity to develop technical skills while learning with other team members.
• Provide technical support via phone and email
• Program surveys while meeting customer deadlines, which requires careful attention to detail, ability to make changes quickly “on the fly,” and desire to maintain a high level of quality in the end product
• Proactively identify, research and resolve technical problems for customers, logging product defects and enhancements if needed
• Escalate critical issues to other members of the organization when necessary/appropriate
Qualifications (a combination of some of the following skill sets will be considered):
• SELF-STARTER A MUST
• High school degree or equivalent, some college preferred
• Strong verbal, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to serve as integral part of a team to achieve team goals while maintaining a focus on individual performance
• Experience with web technologies, web applications and wireless products a plus
• Any knowledge of market research methodologies a plus
Managing an Enterprise Panel? Kinesis offers 10 improvements to assure your panel's health in our latest whitepaper: http://t.co/5U2hAznILJ2 days ago