Kinesis seeks talented and dedicated team members.
Kinesis is a growth-oriented company that develops innovative desktop and mobile software solutions for the advancement of market research. Knowing that great ideas come from everywhere within the organization, Kinesis fosters a dynamic work environment where employees are recognized as the company’s most valuable assets. Joining Kinesis means utilizing cutting-edge technologies, collaborating with talented coworkers, and charting your course for career success. All full-time positions include benefits.
To apply for a position, please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Office Location: Austin & London
- Managing day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope to ensure that delivery is timely and up to quality standards
- Programming of project deliverables in some instances
- Reviewing all deliverables prepared by team before passing to client
- Ensuring that proper quality control measures have been utilized and all client requests are documented
- Minimizing exposure and risk on projects through clear client communications, setting proper expectations with clients, and retention of appropriate documentation
- Ensuring project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Assisting in invoicing as needed
- Providing training to new clients as needed
- SELF-STARTER A MUST
- College degree required
- 2+ years in market research and/or project management required
- Experience with SPSS, Wincross, and/or other market research software packages highly desirable
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Basic knowledge of survey statistics desired
About the Role
Founded in June 2003, Kinesis is the established world leader for mobile survey software. Our end-to-end online survey and panel management platform supports simultaneous mobile, tablet, and desktop device interaction for market research firms and companies of all sizes.
Weíre in the midst of refactoring our flagship product and reimagining our infrastructure as code using cutting edge tools and techniques. Weíve implemented distributed version control, continuous integration and inspection, and are aggressively re-architecting to support continuous delivery. Weíre looking to add some experienced talent to our team to help us get there.
This position will be an integral part of a small team developing at a sustainable pace. We have a casual (shorts and t-shirts), open (no cubes here), non-political environment. Our ideal candidate will be experienced enough to have opinions, but open to new ideas and alternate well-reasoned viewpoints. Weíre looking for someone that values execution and is willing to mentor (and be mentored by) their peers. Expect to make a valued and meaningful contribution quickly.
Salaries are generous and compensation packages include access to a 401k with company match, medical and vision insurance, paid holidays, and ample vacation time. This is a hands-on coding role. You will write code during the screening process.
Role is 100% on-site in Austin, Texas ñ no telecommuting or remote working. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
* Able to build and maintain interactive high-traffic web applications using object-oriented PHP.
* Able to build UI with HTML, CSS, and Twig templates.
* Able to define SQL schemas with foreign key constraints, write select and update queries with complex table joins, and implement triggers and transactions.
* Able to identify and follow generally accepted object-oriented design principles.
* Able to identify and communicate using common design patterns.
* Able to distinguish between and implement unit, functional, and acceptance tests.
* Able to select and create efficient algorithms and data structures based on sound computer science principles and modern software engineering techniques (this probably requires a CS degree to learn).
* Able to manage source code using a distributed version control system (e.g. Hg, Git, etc.).
* Able to work comfortably in a Linux development and deployment environment.
* 5+ years of professional experience.
Desired Knowledge and Abilities
* Ninja-level PHP skills (Zend certification or equivalent knowledge).
* Able to model domains and implement domain-driven design.
* Able to communicate using (and implement) patterns from Martin Fowlerís PoEAA.
* Able refactor legacy code using Michael Featherís 24 dependency-breaking techniques.
Office Location: Austin & London
These candidates will create online surveys using application software and provide support to customers, partners and the internal team, using a GUI-based, proprietary software package. The candidates will also participate in troubleshooting of customer issues, and, on occasion, testing of new product features as they are rolled out, including logging product defects and requested enhancements and documenting findings for the product development team. The candidates must be self-motivated/proactive, possess the ability to work effectively in a team environment and to establish sound working relationships with team members and customers. This is a ground-floor opportunity to develop technical skills while learning with other team members. Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support via phone and email
- Program surveys while meeting customer deadlines, which requires careful attention to detail, ability to make changes quickly “on the fly,” and desire to maintain a high level of quality in the end product
- Proactively identify, research and resolve technical problems for customers, logging product defects and enhancements if needed
- Escalate critical issues to other members of the organization when necessary/appropriate
Qualifications (a combination of some of the following skill sets will be considered):
- SELF-STARTER A MUST
- High school degree or equivalent, some college preferred
- Strong verbal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to serve as integral part of a team to achieve team goals while maintaining a focus on individual performance
- Experience with web technologies, web applications and wireless products a plus
- Any knowledge of market research methodologies a plus